- Published 11-10-15
- by admin
Do I Need a Realtor to Sell my House in Houston?
You should know that you don’t need a real estate agent to sell your house in Houston. After all, you really don’t want a realtor. You want a buyer. Let’s explore some of your options to sell your Houston home.
You Can Sell It Yourself
Selling your home yourself will likely be a lengthy process filled with challenges. To sell your house yourself, you will probably want to do the following:
- Perform your own market comparison to determine a price for your home.
- Prepare your home for sale. Make sure it is spotless and has good curb appeal. Make sure to make any necessary repairs.
- Advertise your home for sale. Some things, such as a “for sale” sign, are simple. Others, like discovering where to advertise and how to market online can be a bit more complicated.
- Be prepared for a number of phone calls, emails, and in-person visits to look through your home. If you’ve done a good job in advertising you should have a number of inquiries over the coming weeks. Be aware, however, that many people are just looking. You will also probably get calls from multiple real estate agents who are “prospecting”.
- After a period of time, you may find a buyer that will give you an acceptable price. Now it is time to get a lawyer to prepare the paperwork and arrange your “closing”.
You Can Sell It With Help
There are a variety of “discount” real estate services that charge a flat-fee instead of a percentage to sell your home. These are streamlined services that aren’t as extensive as what a real estate agent may provide. This too, however, can be a lengthy process and will still likely cost you thousands of dollars. Of course, you will still have to prepare your home for sale and deal with folks walking through your property at almost all hours.
You Can Sell to an Investor
For a lot of people, selling to an investor like Senna House Buyers makes sense. This is especially true for those who want a home sold quickly and sold “as is”. Selling to Senna House Buyers eliminates real estate agents, commissions, preparing and showing your property. It is also a process that can just take a couple of weeks as opposed to months.
Senna House Buyers is an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau. They give Houston homeowners a quicker, more convenient way to sell their homes. For many considering selling a Houston home, Senna House Buyers is a valuable option.