- Published 07-07-14
- by admin
A Fast Sale Is All About Price
Invariably, home sellers want to maximize their financial gain from a home sale. Even in slow markets, or so-called “buyers’ markets,” real estate professionals advise sellers to “invest” a little prior to listing a property in order to assure that a home will show well and receive the best possible offer in the shortest possible time. The investment of time is often as important as the investment of money.
Does it always work? The truth is that many factors influence a sale: Location, other homes on the market, initial price, days on market, online photos and marketing strategies. The longer a house sits without an offer, the lower the final sales price is likely to be.
Having a property languish on the listings is not of benefit to anyone, certainly not to the owner who just wants to get on with life.
So, what should you do to sell a home fast?
- Price it right! If you get an independent appraisal, price it there or slightly below.
- Select a brutally honest seller’s agent with a proven track record in your area, and listen to that professional advice.
- Clean, clean, clean; inside and out.
- Declutter, depersonalize and pack up anything you don’t use daily.
- Perform required maintenance, and consider cosmetic touch ups, but don’t start expensive renovation projects with hopes of recouping your investment quickly.
- Be aware that most sellers first check out properties of interest online. After you set an asking price for your property, your online presence is perhaps the greatest sales tool. Quality photographs will entice potential buyers and generate showings.
Selling a home requires some patience, even under the best of circumstances. There is very little you can do to “guarantee” a sale. But, a realistic price and a realistic attitude will give you a good start on the road to success.
This all being said, if you have a looming deadline, you would be wise to contact a professional real estate investment team, like the team at Senna House Buyers. You’ll want a team with the local knowledge and the resources to easy sale of your House.
We’re not real estate agents, and we don’t rely on third-party showings in order to secure a sale for you. Instead, we can offer you top dollar for your property and allow you to move on quickly, no matter what your circumstances. It really is all about the price!