Any Houston house buyer in search of ways to buy a house more inexpensively can use these 15 thrifty tips in buying a house.
- Look for homes in need of repair. Fixer uppers can save buyers significantly, especially if they can do some of the repair work themselves.
- Even if the home needs repair, make sure it is in a good neighborhood. Buying the cheapest property in a good neighborhood is thriftier than buyer the best house in a bad neighborhood.
- Don’t fall in love with a property too quickly.
- Get a home inspection. It will be worth a few hundred dollars to get more extensive information on a property.
- Don’t be afraid to make an offer, even if it is not accepted, it may lead to a counter-offer that is acceptable.
- Get pre-approved for financing and make sure the seller knows of the approval. This increases the validity of any offer!
- Don’t worry about the little things like paint color, or even flooring condition. These things can be easily, and relatively inexpensively changed.
- Do worry about the big things like the home’s foundation, HVAC systems and roof.
- Buy in the “off-season” for real estate. This can be through the holidays and early in the year. There are less buyers to compete against and home sellers get fewer offers.
- Look for homes for sale by owner. They don’t have real estate commissions to be concerned about.
- Check county sales records to see what homes sold for in a particular neighborhood. By knowing the market, a buyer is in a better position to know what a good deal really is or isn’t.
- Shop around for mortgage rates. A financing rate can make a big different in what is actually being paid for a house over time.
- Understand there are more areas of negotiation than just price. Many times appliances, furnishings and even outdoor lawn equipment may be tossed in to seal a deal.
- Be open minded. This can give buyers more options in buying a house.
- Remember the importance of location. Finding a house at a good price that costs an extra gallon of gas a day in a commute can eat into any potential savings.
For those seeking to sell a house quickly in the Houston, TX area, Senna House Buyers is a viable choice. Senna House Buyers buys houses for cash in any condition. We have superb customer service practices and can get cash into the hands of sellers in weeks as opposed to months! Contact us today for further information.